Netmagik developed a modern, user-friendly website for the University of Central Florida Artificial Intelligence Initiative.
The goal was to highlight the great AI work at UCF while also creating a digital space for the AI community to coalesce around.
The primary objective of the website is to attract interest and foster community to the AI activities at UCF.
Netmagik developed a color scheme and fonts to match UCF main theme, organized beautiful image directory to highlight website sections.
Custom post types and custom fields were used for Faculty Directory, which can be sorted by College.
Search option was implemented to search content and faculty directory.
Affiliated faculty directory contains extensive listing of all UCF faculty involved in AI research at UCF.
It lists AI research projects, areas of interest, educational programs, AI courses taught and contact information.
Directory, sorted by College includes College of Engineering and Computer Science, College of Medicine, College of Nursing, College of Sciences, Florida Space Institute, Institute of Simulation and Training, Office of Research, College for Distributed Learning, College of Arts and Humanities, College of Business Administration, College of Community Innovation and Education, Office of Research and Rosen College of Hospitality Management.
Since a team of graduate students will be assisting in future updates, the user interface was designed to make it simple to add/update, people profiles and news articles.
Among the development performed are:
- Rotating home page banner that the client can update
- Faculty directory that the client can update
- Latest news + events that the client can update
- Multi-user registration capability with different access permissions
- Quality Control and cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Custom post types and custom fields
- Accessibility and Usability
- Optimizations for faster loading
- Search Engine Optimization