I was happy to have the opportunity to present at WordCamp Jacksonville. It was held for the first time at Florida State College of Jacksonville on April 16th and 17th.
My talk was for the User track about Improving Website Speed.
Direct link to the slides from this presentation:
- Why you should care about your website’s speed
- How improving website speed impacted well known big companies
- What affects page speed
- Several online tools to measure website speed and interpret the results
- How fast is fast enough?
- How to compare your website speed to your competitors
- How to improve your website speed
- We also discussed new HTTP/2 protocol and how it impacts website speed
I mentioned several plugins and tools. I thought to compile a list here:
Free tools to measure website speed:
Google Page Speed Insights
What does my site cost?
P3 Plugin Performance Profiler – measures plugin impact
Uptime Robot – notifies you when your website goes down
Resources to improve website speed:
Image optimization and compression:
EWWW Image Optimizer
Tinypng.com – Web Interface
Compress JPEG & PNG images – WordPress Plugin
Kraken.io – Web Interface
Kraken WordPress Plugin
Imsanity – image resizing
Thank you everyone who came to hear me speak. Let me know if you have any questions.